Thursday, May 14, 2009

You must see Star Trek!


I did not grow up on Star Trek, and really never cared to. I watched some Next Generation, but only because I was in love with Wil Wheaton at the time. I think I saw a couple movies, but don't remember them. Jay and I decided to start watching Season 1, which turned out to be a great idea because it made me appreciate the great character acting in the new Star Trek movie.

This is a fun movie! As one critic said, it's the Star Trek movie for everyone! Very funny, action packed, and a creative story line. The was a four issue comic book prequel that came out a few months ago. We sold out of those so fast at Get Stinky! The prequel helped set the scene for the movie so you had more answers about why the tattooed Romulans are there and how Spock is two places at once (and Sylar as Spock? It works, friends, it works). The actors had all the character mannerisms down. Watching some of the old TV show helped me identify the small quirks. Simon Pegg as Scotty was a riot.

The summer movie season just started, but I have a feeling this one will be at the top of the list for awhile!
--Maegann

1 comment:

Ariadne in Exile said...

Sylar as Spock was my reason for seeing it, but (as a non-trekkie) I was all around impressed with the whole movie.